DRY EYE TREATMENT CENTER
The doctors at West Shore Eye Care treat many patients suffering from Dry Eye Syndrome (DES) and symptoms of dry eyes. For various reasons, the number of people suffering from dry eyes has increased in recent years. Some researchers feel DES could be considered an epidemic! Dr. Branning and Dr. Lynch are committed to finding the underlying cause of your dry eyes and instituting a comprehensive treatment plan that will solve your dry eye problems. Too often patients are simply given a sample of artificial tears and sent on their way. In the last five years researchers have gained a much greater understanding of DES and our doctors have dedicated many hours to the study and treatment of this debilitating condition. In order to fully serve our dry eye patients we recently invested in the Oculus Keratograph 5M. There are only several of these instruments in our entire state and we are proud to have it available to aid in discovering the underlying reason for your dry eyes!
Dry Eye Treatment Options
- Medicated lid cleansing products (Blephadex, Cliradex, Avenova, etc)
- High quality Omega 3/Omega 6 blend targeted specifically for dry eye (Hydroeye
- Over the counter tear supplements
- Bruder Mask (a patient favorite)
- Blinking exercises
- Prescription anti-inflammatory drops
- Prescription oral medications
- Punctal Occlusion
- In office lid/lash cleaning with BlephEx
- Blood work to uncover underlying systemic conditions that contribute to dry eye
- Bandage contact lenses
- Serum Tears
- Prokera Amniotic Membrane
Most people do not need ALL of these treatments but we want to give you an idea of the many options available to our patients. Your first visit will be a comprehensive eye health exam. During this exam, the doctor will thoroughly examine your eyes and discuss your unique dry eye situation then work with you to determine what additional testing is appropriate in order to manage your condition.
Call (231) 843-4117 today to make an appointment and get on the road back to comfortable eyes and clearer vision!